Request for Proposal
Marketing and Communications Rep for the Division/Clinton Business Association
The Division/Clinton Business district encompasses all businesses between SE 11th and SE 50th Avenues from SE Lincoln to SE Taggart Streets in SE Portland. The Association has maintained a membership of 125 business members, out of 350+ businesses in the district, the past two and a half years.
The Association’s goal is to enliven and enrich the district to attract and maintain customers and ensure businesses vitality. A marketing and communications staff person is crucial in reaching that goal.
The staff person helps to orchestrate projects and communication among the memberships. Key projects include a Walking Map, Street Fair and Holiday Event. Administrative duties include member outreach, record keeping and door-to-door visits to businesses. A more detailed job description can be found below.
Marketing and Communications Rep Requirements
- Must be an independent contractor, who sets their own hours and is able to self-manage following instruction from the board.
- Must be able to attend all board meetings; the third Tuesday of the month from 12:00-2:00pm.
- Communication Coordination between all members of the Association and the board; answer all incoming email requests and disseminate information
- Membership Coordination for the Association: communications, active recruitment of new members, door to door visitations to businesses, management of database and contact information, creation and execution of membership renewal forms and mailer
- Grant Coordination for new projects; write grants or work with volunteer grant writer; manage special projects
- Special Projects Coordination; walking map management and production (ad sales, communications, working with graphic designer, printer); winter holiday event; litter pick-ups; annual meeting; Bike to Shop, Trash Task Force; any new projects
- Street Fair Liaisonbetween the Street Fair Coordinator and the Association; communications, distribution of marketing materials, sponsorship sales assistance
- Social Media and Website Coordination; consistently updating the website and Facebook page with pertinent information regarding the Association; making sure all members are listed on the website
- Required Deliverables, monthly reports on status of activities and membership
How to Apply
Email proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include resume with three references and a cover letter with description of how you would manage the marketing and communications for the DCBA.
Proposal Due Date Friday, March 31, 2017
Interview Dates: April 4 – 7, 2017
Decision Date: April 10, 2017
Scheduled Start: April 17, 2017
*Please include monthly compensation requirements. The contract will be for 50 hours a month. Regular expenses will not be repaid.