WHERE: 2522 SE Clinton St
ABOUT: A landmark of Portland cinema history, The Clinton Street Theater is one of the oldest operating movie houses in the United States. Opening in 1915 as the Clinton, the theater became the 26th Avenue Theatre in 1945 and the Encore in 1969. In 1976 it reverted to its original name. Although the theater has undergone many changes over the years, it remains an intimate single screen venue with the capacity for 230 patrons. Famous for its long-standing exhibition of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, the theater is currently a magnet for independent / revival films.